June 16, 8:00 AM to 2:30 PM
Richmond Hill Centre for the Performing Arts
10268 Yonge Street, Richmond Hill
There was a positive energy at the Richmond Hill Centre for Performing Arts as 200 medtech innovators and entrepreneurs networked with industry leaders, funders, academia and hospitals in York Region.
MedEdge 2011 was the premier event for senior executives from medical devices and life science companies in York Region.
Participants learned about exciting new technological innovations, partnering and funding opportunities and fibre optic network advances impacting researchers in health care IT.
The impressive list of leaders included Wayne Gudbranson, President & CEO Branham Group and Patrick Horgan, VP of Manufacturing IBM who highlighted health care IT and opportunities to build alliances and build enterprise capacity. Top executives from The Research Institute at Southlake, Markham Stouffville Hospital and York Central Hospital discussed commercialization opportunities and research capacity.
Speakers of the day included:
- Patrick K. Horgan, VP, Manufacturing, Development and Operations, IBM Canada Ltd.
- Wayne Gudbranson, President & CEO, Branham Group Inc.
- Stan Shapson, VP, Research & Innovation, York University
- Janet Beed, President & CEO, Markham Stouffville Hospital
- Patrick Clifford, Director of Research, The Research Institute at Southlake
- Altaf Stationwala, President & CEO, York Central Hospital
- John Soloninka, President & CEO, The Health Technology Exchange
- Peter Pekos, President & CEO, Dalton Pharma Services
- Bob Civak, Senior VP, Business Development Operations, Ontario Centres of Excellence
- Angelo Del Duca, Director, National Research Council Canada – Industrial Research Assistance Program
- Morris Milner, Consultant and former President and CEO, The Health Technology Exchange
- Ilse Treurnicht, President & CEO, MaRS Discovery District, Business Acceleration Program
- Dr. Darin Graham, President and CEO, ORION
It was a day of uncovering potential opportunities for collaboration; building strategic alliances and partnerships in your own backyard and beyond!
What did attendees enjoy or value from the event?
- “Great to see the focus on York Region”
- “The networking opportunity as well as a chance to catch up on the key initiatives linked to health care and social innovation happening in the Region”
- “Excellent speakers, excellent dialogue”
- “The opportunity to network with those in the life sciences, local companies and key executives from healthcare”
- “A very professionally managed event in a great location”