Significant Market Access
York Region: The Heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA)
Comprised of nine local municipalities York Region is located in the heart of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA), Canada’s largest business and commercial centre, and North America’s 5th largest metro area. The region provides central and strategic access to Greater Toronto’s 6 million consumers and 180,000 businesses, including 40% of the head offices of Canada’s top 500 companies.
Superior Infrastructure Connects You to Clients, Business Partners and Employees
- York Region is a major Toronto/Ontario highways corridor with immediate access to 400 series highways including 400, 404 DVP, 427 and 407 ETR
- Toronto Pearson International Airport is located near York Region’s southwest boundary (as little as 15 minutes drive) and offers same-plane service via 75 carriers to 29 Canadian, 50 U.S. and 105 other international destinations
- Integrated public transit network: Viva Rapid Transit, York Region Transit (YRT), GO Transit (rail/bus) and the Toronto Transit Commission (TTC). Service on the new Toronto-York subway extension is expected to be operational in 2016.
- York Region is home to Canada’s largest intermodal cargo rail terminal
- 100 local freight trucking operators offering routes to/from Canada, the U.S. and Mexico
- Located only 90 minutes drive to/from the U.S. Interstate highway network
- $8 billion being invested in York Region’s infrastructure 2011-20 to facilitate growth
140 Million Canadian & U.S. Consumers Within 500 Miles
York Region and the Greater Toronto Area are located within 500 mile radius (one day’s drive) of 140 million North American consumers, more than from any other major U.S. or Canadian metropolitan area. Also within day’s drive of York Region are 60% of Canada’s top 500 head offices, majority of Canada’s industrial base and most foreign subsidiaries operating in Canada. The North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) provides access to 450 million consumers and $17 trillion GDP market across the U.S., Mexico, and Canada.